Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Thanks, I Hate It
February 23, 2022
Melvin & Dan
No better way for content creators to return than to complain about things they don't like! Join Melvin and Daniel as they tear into the latest entry in the Texas Chainsaw franchise!
- Melvin and Daniel are not massive fans of the Texas Chainsaw franchise, but for different reasons. However, they both like the 1974 film, with it being one of Melvin's top 4 films (as of recording).
- Discussing the production behind the Texas Chainsaw franchise, as well as Fede Alvarez who produced Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- How Fede Alvarez in particular produces visually transgressive/squeamish horror films that have just enough heart and soul to make their wild, extreme content bearable. And, how something must have gone wrong in the process of making Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- Before even getting into the episode proper, we both don't recommend Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre doesn't hold a candle to the violence and gore within a few other movies Melvin has watched this year (and really enjoyed!), but the violence and gore within Texas Chainsaw Massacre is so nasty and mean-spirited that it made him physically upset.
- Melvin shares the few, limited things he enjoyed about Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- Daniel explains the outright bizarre storyline and "mixed mess of things" within Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- The whole movie is so strange that we went 50 minutes without talking about a massive plot point.
- Pitching pizza commercials featuring Bubba.
- We definitely don't recommend Texas Chainsaw Massacre. But we definitely do recommend The Texas Chain Saw Massacre for a myriad of reasons.
Support on Patreon for Unique Perks!
- Early access to uncut episodes
- Vote on a movie/show we review
Social Links: Support the show