Moon Knight - Not Quite Weird, Not Quite Experimental
May 24, 2022
Melvin & Dan
Melvin and Dan dive into that new Marvel thing featuring Oscar Isaac and Oscar Isaac and also Oscar Isaac. Wow!
- (PATREON EXCLUSIVE) 30-minutes talking about Netflix stock, loss of subscribers, and reasons behind Netflix's currently poor situation. (PATREON EXCLUSIVE)
- For Daniel, the current baseline of Marvel content is that it's not that great, but it's also not necessarily bad, either.
- Discussing a bit of Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson's previous science-fiction work, and their "kitchen sink" approach to filmmaking.
- Daniel, "If this wasn't in the MCU, like, would they be allowed to be more violent? Would they be allowed to be weirder and more experimental?"
- Most members involved in Moon Knight have previously shared a disinterest the MCU, but something about the Moon Knight project grabbed their attention.
- Oscar Isaac's performance as two different characters functions so incredibly well that it never distracts you away from the drama.
- Discussing the various spoilers of the show, and how a lot of what makes the show cool is used later in the show.
- These various Marvel Limited Series' come across like Phase Two in-that they feel very committee, even if they are far better than most of the Phase Two films.
- Melvin and Dan discuss themes of atonement and justice throughout both Moon Knight, but Scripture as well.
Support on Patreon for Unique Perks!
- Early access to uncut episodes
- Vote on a movie/show we review
Social Links: Support the show