Thor: Love and Thunder - Tripping Over Itself
July 12, 2022
Melvin & Dan
Like all good movie podcasts, we have to talk about Thor: Love and Thunder. Even if it is terrible.
(PATREON EXCLUSIVE) 46-minutes talking about TV-Shows: Ms. Marvel, the upcoming Echo show (feat. Daredevil), and brief discussion on Umbrella Academy (S3) (PATREON EXCLUSIVE)
- Pitching a Gwenpool show for Disney Marvel.
- Did we laugh even one time during Thor: Love and Thunder?
- Melvin and Daniel each bring interesting observations regarding Taika Waititi as a content creator and Rotten Tomatoes as a review-aggregate site, and how they relate to Thor: Love and Thunder.
Thor: Love and Thunder reopens the vault of "poorly handled Marvel villains", including wasted casting just like Thor: The Dark World.
- Melvin, "I think sex jokes can be funny, but this movie? It was weird."
- The goats are the worst part of the MCU.
- Daniel shares yet another stranger theater experience he witnessed.
- Thoughts on the ending, which still doesn't really work.
- Post-credit discussion.
- Fantasizing about a Tournament-Style Marvel flick where we get to watch characters solve a noir-case outside of mandatory 1v1 fatal fights. Basically, Marvel's Mortal Kombat.
- Melvin asks Daniel if he thinks Disney might have a rough couple of months moving forward what-with people tuning out of Ms. Marvel, Obi-Wan Kenobi being real boring, She-Hulk looking bad, and Andor being kind of just... another not interesting Star Wars thing.
Support on Patreon for Unique Perks!
- Early access to uncut episodes
- Vote on a movie/show we review
Social Links: Support the show