What If...? - A Chaotic Episode for a Chaotic Show
October 12, 2021
Melvin & Dan
Melvin & Dan discuss yet another Marvel property, because I guess that's what the Film & TV industry is now.
- The comic history behind What If...?
- How the animation, and that first episode, are kinda terrible.
- How What If...? permits more risk with Marvel characters and concepts, especially with episode 3 onward.
- Melvin loves the trope of a character who observes but cannot interact (or, should not).
- Will certain episodes get sequels? Like, will we see Zombie Thanos fight our heros?
- Daniel wasn't sure he liked that What If...? went from a fun episodic "fan-fiction" style show into a typical epic superhero project at the end.
- Talking about which actors they brought back and which they didn't.
What If...? exceeded expectations, but it wasn't like there were many to begin with.
- Speculating on what may happen in later seasons.
Support on Patreon for Unique Perks!
- Early access to uncut episodes
- Vote on a movie/show we review
Social Links: Support the show