Over the Garden Wall - A Dream-Like Fairy-Tale of Fear
October 26, 2021
Melvin & Dan
PATREON TV-SHOW DISCUSSION:
This TV-show was selected by our Patreon Supporters over at the Cinematic Doctrine Patreon. Support as little as $3 a month and have your voice heard!
Melvin & Daniel talk about the animated modern cult-classic Over the Garden Wall, a story about two brothers who get lost in the woods.
- Daniel not only looked forward to discussing Over the Garden Wall, he remembers eagerly watching the show when it initially aired.
- Also, Daniel recently had a watch party with some friends! Their post-show discussion was about Elijah Wood, and how one of Daniel's friends met Elijah Wood for a strange Wilfred-themed photo exchange.
- Creator Patrick McHale brings a clever melancholy to Over the Garden Wall, somewhat similar to his work on Adventure Time.
- Is Over the Garden Wall scary? Mostly in a folk-horror, mystical sense.
- Kids and Teens may not have the words to explain why they connect with certain fears presented in Over the Garden Wall, but a lot of what is covered through it's various episodes will likely resonate with them.
- Sharing our interpretations of The Beast, The Unknown, Fear, and so much more.
- The music, the comedy, everything about Over the Garden Wall still feels fresh and original.
- After the Recommendations, stick around for a short discussion on that Netflix slasher flick "There's Someone Inside Your House"
Support on Patreon for Unique Perks!
- Early access to uncut episodes
- Vote on a movie/show we review
Social Links: Support the show